I would like to propose that the treasury covers the costs for creation of new Radicle Orgs in order to drive adoption of that feature.
- Radicle Orgs is one of the most exciting and differentiated Radicle features
- Creating the org contracts today is very expensive (many times 50-100$)
- Until Radicle Orgs land on layer-2 we need to all think creatively about how to help devs that want to start a Radicle Org do that, without bearing the un-necessary tx fees
The treasury reimburses developers that start a Radicle Org from a multi-sig, so it becomes free for them to do that.
What I am proposing is creating a multi-sig and manually and transparently doing the above. The process could look like that:
- devs start a Radicle Org and anchor at least one of their projects
- devs join a discord or matrix channel for reimbursement and share their repo and tx hash for the creation of the org
- multi-sig reimburses as long as it’s a real project. Important here to keep this last step very light. Ideally no question asked as long as there is a real human behind the project.
- Should there be some upper limit on how much money can be sent in that reimbursement process?