Thank you for considering becoming an active governance delegate for the Radicle community! We are excited to have community members step up and take leadership in the governance process. Please read through the following information carefully. If you have any questions please reach out through the Governance #discussion channel on Discord.
Anyone who is interested in becoming a community delegate that will be listed on the Radicle delegate platform will have to respond to this post. Respondents will need to share the info listed below in their announcement post. The Governance Working Group has created a delegate platform that will reflect all of this information from each profile. This model will allow any community member to take on responsibility in governance representation. The Governance WG is also aiming to provide metadata around each profile that displays how often/how much each delegate has been delegated to. This helps delegates build a reputation and allows for natural competition between delegates.
Active delegates hold the responsibility to fulfill the following requirements:
- Keep a public profile outlining background, core values and what you believe in as a delegate
- Actively participate in the Governance forum i.e. contributing to discussions on proposals
- Publicly share positions on all proposals that make it to the Formal Review stage of the governance process.
- Actively vote in all formal reviews (Snapshot Polls) & on-chain votes
- Participate in monthly WG calls
These requirements are outlines in more detail in the Delegate Standards.
Deviation from the following template is acceptable, but you should try to cover everything in the template. This is a chance for you to explain what you stand for as a delegate as clearly and unambiguously as possible. Please note that sections that are “optional” are marked as such - everything else is required.
Reply to this thread with the following:
- Basic Info:
- Delegate Address (Sybil): Create & verify a delegation account using sybil.org. This requires an Ethereum address and a Twitter account.
- Discourse Forum Name:
- Twitter (optional):
- Email (optional):
- External Website (optional):
- Core Values/Governance Beliefs: Please list a few (2-4) core values you hold that will help inform your voting process in Radicle Governance. This should also touch on why you believe in the Radicle vision.
- Delegate Statement: Your delegate statement should include what you believe in as a Radicle delegate and why RAD holders should delegate to you. This can also include your visions for Radicle governance, descriptions of any relevant experience, etc. There is no official format for this section, but we recommend you try to keep it under 500 words.
- Conflicts of interest: Please list any relevant conflicts of interest (i.e. employed by Radicle, financial holdings in competitors, receiver of funds from being on any Grants committees, etc.)
- Please include a brief statement that you have read and agreed to Radicle’s Code of Conduct and Delegate Standards.
Once announced, the Governance WG will add an “Active Delegate” badge to your Discourse profile to make it easier for folks to spot delegates in forum discussions. To make this badge visible next to your name, click on the notification and select “Active Delegate” under “Select a badge to use as your title.”
Please also post an announcement on Twitter to share your active delegate status. We also recommend sharing a link to the Radicle Active Delegates platform page in this tweet so folks can easily find your delegate address and profile.
Follow the Radicle Governance Twitter (@rad_gov) or subscribe to the Radicle Governance Newsletter to stay up to date on voting information, and important announcements. Keep an eye out for new proposals under the Governance category on Radicle’s Discourse channel and respond to posts that make it to the Formal Review stage of governance.
- This new active delegate announcement process and platform will be different from the self-announced delegates in the “Delegate Pitches” category on Discourse. These delegates did not post any information on their philosophy around governance or consistently voices thoughts towards specific proposals. Active delegates are currently active community members who will be responsible for maintaining a public delegate profile (see next section) and upholding an obligation to the community to be as transparent about their voting choices as possible. RAD holders are of course still able to delegate to the delegates under the “Delegate” category, but they will not appear on the Active Delegate Platform and we advise you to make sure they are still listed on Sybil.
- You DO NOT have to announce yourself as an active delegate for someone to delegate to your address on Sybil. This new process and platform are again meant to provide an opportunity for motivated community members to make themselves known to the broader Radicle community to let token holders know they are happy to vote on their behalf. All RAD holders, however, are able to delegate their voting power to any verified Sybil address they would like.