Hey Radicle community! Scott here from Dev Protocol! We’re huge fans of Radicle and see it as the future home of all developers. A Dev Protocol and Radicle would create and capture value for the developers building OSS projects on Radicle and for the Radicle Treasury.
Direct Integration to allow Radicle users to tokenize their OSS project and start receiving inflationary funding via Dev Protocol.
Advantages for Radicle
- Dev Protocol Treasury receives a 5% fee of each OSS token minted on the platform. We will share 50% of the fee with the Radicle Treasury. What’s an OSS token? Each project that joins Dev Protocol mints OSS tokens for their project. The holders of the OSS token receive the inflationary funding rewarded to the project. OSS tokens in the future could have exterior utility from Dev Protocol such as utility tokens or governance tokens for Web2 and Web3 OSS projects. This allows Radicle to receive DEV each second + capture future value or governance power of the OSS projects on their protocol.
- Provide a sustainable funding stream for the projects on your protocol.
Integrate further within the DeFi ecosystem and open future use cases such as OSS utility, lending, meta-governance, and profit-sharing.
- Radicle Treasury could potentially fund projects on Dev Protocol as a growth hack to get them onboarded on Radicle
Advantages for Dev Protocol
- Grow alongside the future of OSS development
- Gain a new supply channel for users
- Join the Seeder’s Program
- Create new opportunities within DeFi
What is Dev Protocol?
An altruistic yield farming protocol where Patrons and OSS projects can receive money for supporting each other.
Dev Protocol is a blockchain protocol that allows Open Source projects to sustainably fund their development. Patrons stake the DEV token for projects they want to fund. The protocol then mints new DEV tokens that are split between the OSS project and Patron. Dev Protocol is the only platform that allows both Patrons and OSS projects to earn money by supporting each other. The Protocol’s APY is based on DEV staked on the protocol and OSS projects onboarded. Each project onboarded increases the APY while the more DEV Patrons stake lowers the APY.
When an OSS project joins Dev Protocol a token is minted for their project. Creator rewards are sent to the OSS token holders. Project maintainers are encouraged to share this token, or the DEV rewards, with their project’s contributors.
Notable Projects using Dev Protocol for Funding?
What can you expect from Dev in the future?
Turning Dev Protocol into a launchpad for converting OSS tokens into full blown utility and governance tokens with quantifiable economic value.
We look forward to hearing from the Radicle community! Thank you for reading!