Hi Radicles! Here’s our update for September :
Here’s what we’ve gotten up to this past month:
- Berlin Blockchain Week - Radicle Sovereignty Workshop, merge, ETH Berlin
- Hired a Community & Events Lead
- Sent out the Core Team DAO Planner - check your email!
- We will be in Bogotá next month! Come say hi at Devcon and Schelling Point where Radicle will be sponsoring and speaking!
- Starting to plan our next Contributor Offsite — please take sometime to submit your availability in the #core poll
- [Governance Proposal] [Phase 0] Transition to the DAO - This proposal passed earlier this month with 5.84M RAD voting in-favor of the proposal and no votes against. The proposal transitions Radicle’s development runway to the DAO and distributes contributor token rewards to core contributors who joined post-token launch.
- [Discussion] Radicle Grants Program - Continuation - This proposal aims to continue the existing Grants Program with some amendments, amended the funding schedule to be run on an ad-hoc basis (i.e. optimistic funding). Also check out Wave 1 Learnings & Future Plans.
- [Discussion] Discussion Deploy strategic cash on Enzyme while establishing a long term Treasury Management WG - Proposal to work with Enzyme / Avantgarde to explore ways to fund the protocol through responsible and risk-averse treasury management and to create a Treasury Management Working Group.
- The Org Design team recently posted Next Steps: Introducing the Org Development Org.
The Core Development Org will be the entity that replaces the role of the Foundation Council in coordinating the work of Radicle’s Core Teams. This post breaks down the elements of the RadicleDAO ecosystem and provides useful diagrams and explanations for the vision for the org structure of the DAO. There is also an open call for anyone interested in participating in the Core Development Org Design Working Group!
- See [Org Design] Funding Core Teams: Principles & Criteria [v2] for the main takeaways from two open discussion sessions with Radicle contributors and community.
- Shelby posted a new DAO Tooling update including next steps in the tooling search. She will be working closely with the Org Design Workstream to research what the most urgent tooling needs are from our contributors which will help inform further tooling research and testing.
- The [Phase 0] Transition to the DAO proposal that was recently passed distributes 1.9M RAD among Radicle contributors who joined the project post- token launch in an effort to distribute ownership to contributors who do not yet have any allocated tokens. You can find the original Workstream post here.
- Otterspace has posted a Temperature Check to use their NTTs for a distribution of influence mechanism.
- Otterspace is hosting an Open Call on Friday, September 30th at 4pm CET to provide space to Radicle contributors & community members to ask questions and discuss their latest proposal. Join here!
- We’re still hiring for a Comms Manager. Generally, we want to bring in some more community vibes (virtual & in-person), so please share through your networks!
That’s all for this month! Stay Radicle!