- Project Name: Real-time Community Health Analytics
- Team Name: Community Health
- Payment Address: 0xE372cf77187E27B15805803Cf331f6b7330F223b
- Level: -Seed
Community Health is a research project to further develop and test a framework for Community Health, create a PoC data collection tool, implement the tool in the Radicle Community and collect interaction, collaboration, and pulse-survey data to validate the framework and provide insights to Radicle.
We’ve been advancing a research project to:
- develop a framework for Community Health with actionable metrics
- create an open source data collection tool
- implement the tool in Radicle
- analyse and triangulate members’ interactions with their perceptions of ownership in the community, and their contribution to Radicle product to validate the Community Health framework and provide insights to advance the Radicle community.
An indication of how your project relates to / integrates into Radicle.
Community Health is providing community managers with key health indicators for their community grounded in scientific research. We go beyond engagement to truly understand community members’ perception of their community. This data will compliment Radicle’s own health check by focusing on the “soft side”: relationships between people. In addition, it will help with the transitions to the DAO by providing baseline metrics about how members feel about Radicle and how they interact with each other.
Current Community dashboards (e.g., Orbit, Commosor, Blazer) put a strong focus on members’ posting behavior and event or meeting attendance. Community members are treated in isolation from each other, ignoring that humans are social beings and we thrive thanks to the interactions we have with others. Hence, community metrics solely based on posting behavior ignores that the building block of a healthy community isn’t just posting messages but interaction between people.
We are creating community health checks that are based on the relationships between people and their sense of belonging and ownership with the community. We do this by creating a science-based community health framework. This framework rests on years of research on communities and social network research.
We are using two data sources for our health check: Discord data for measuring the relationships and computing network metrics, and tiny pulse data to measure members perceptions. Together these two data sources provide us with insights into members outer world (their interaction with others) and inner world (their feeling towards the community).
Current stage: MVP
We have completed our conceptual framework and are delivering in-depth reports for clients while the dashboard is being developed. We have completed a first round of user tests for our prototype design.
Please list the deliverables of the project in as much detail as possible. Please also estimate the amount of work required and try to divide the project into meaningful milestones.
- Total Estimated Duration: 16 weeks
- Total Costs: $30,000 in USDC (or equivalent)
Milestone 1 - Data collection tool development
- Estimated Duration: 10 weeks
- Costs: $20,000
|1.||Discord Pulse bot||Develop a well-being survey members answer in Discord. User is in control of their data and with whom it will be shared.|
|2.||Discord data extraction||Refine how data is extracted (e.g., speed, number of channels)|
|3.||Dashboard development||Implement the prototype to create a working interactive dashboard.|
Milestone 2: Data Analysis, Insights Report
- Estimated Duration: 4 weeks
- Costs: $8,000
|1.||Collect SNA data||Collect data from the agreed channels|
|2.||Run well-being survey||Implement the wellbeing survey in Radicle. We have 2 default questions and offer a set of other wellbeing questions that can be asked depending on the needs of the community.|
|3.||Data analysis||Clean and analyze the data. We have a default script for data analysis which is aligned with our conceptual framework. However, to have more context and make better sense of the data, we would like to know what is happening in the community.|
Milestone 3: Community health workshop
- Estimated Duration: 2 weeks
- Costs: $2,000
|1.||Workshop||We offer to early customers tailored workshops, open to their community, to discuss the results in detail and co-create an action plan/recommendations.|
- Our plan is to have a fully functional dashboard delivering actionable insights for community managers and those responsible for the future of DAOs and members well-being. We have applied to several small grants to support the development of our dashboard.
- The long-term future of the project will be sustained through a combination of client revenue and (academic) research grants.
- We plan to collaborate with academic institutions to ensure further development of health metrics. This will first happen through the team’s network with academic institutions in Europe and the US.
- We plan to include other data (e.g, Dework, Radicle) to provide more detailed information about community members’ communication and coordination patterns.
- Katerina (team leader; data science)
- Danielo - Product
- DenisaFox - Design
- Thegadget.eth - development
- Contact Name: Katerina
- Discord: katerinabc#6667
- Website: rndao.info
- Registered Address: na
- Registered Legal Entity: na
Our team has worked together for the past 6 month developing the proof of concept and building a basic MVP for data collection and analysis. We have delivered a first health check for Aragon and are working on two more this months.
katerina: has a Ph.D. using social network analysis. Since 2016 she is co-instructing a graduate course on data analytics for HR at Northwestern University. She has also co-organized the Learning in Networks sessions at the International Conference of Social Network Analysis (2018 - 2020), and previously advised a people analytics company on social network metrics.
Daniel: Previously, Head of Governance at Aragon, 8 years experience in Organization Design consulting (clients include Google, BCG, Daymler, The UN, and multiple startups), and visiting lecturer at Oxford University.
DenisFox: has more than 5 years of experiencing in UX.
thegadget: Software Engineer. Previously, Product Manager at Neolyze (Business Intelligence Dashboard for Instagram)
Team Code Repos
- We have published a conceptual framework describing our view on what a healthy community is.
- Early development of this project has been funded by Aragon, Polygon DAO, Aave, MetaCartel and Near.
- We have delivered a community health check for Aragon (only report; still planning the workshop) and are preparing one for 2 other DAOs.