- We successfully completed our first monthly voting cycle in April! We had quite a few first time voters participate, but a few ran into some issues getting set up. I want to use this opportunity as a reminder to reference our lovely new Governance Manual for detailed information on voting, delegation and the governance process. Delegation needs to be setup before a proposal goes live, so be sure to get yourself setup before the next (June) proposal cycle if you would like to participate.
- We have cancelled the Proposal Review scheduled for today. These calls take place based on activity in the forum. If there are no new Discussion Proposals for that cycle on the forum by the 2nd Monday of the month, the call will not take place. The next Proposal Review will take place Wednesday, June 14th at 4pm CET / 10am ET. Check Discord for an invite a week before the next call.
Proposal Review Reminders
-Proposal Review have replaced monthly Governance Calls and take place on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Proposal authors with active proposals that cycle present their proposals & answer questions live from the community before they move through the voting process.
-Proposal Discussions need to be online at least 7 days before being able to move to Formal Review which starts on the 3rd Monday of each month.
- Current: There are currently no upcoming active proposals.
- [Formal Review][RGP - 13] - Start the Grants Org: This proposal has PASSED with 5.5M $RAD in support of the proposal. As there are no on-chain executable actions in this proposal, it is considered fully passed. See final results here.
- [Submission][RGP - 14] - Start the Radicle Org: This proposal has PASSED with 4.15M $RAD in support of the proposal. See final results here. It was fully executed on-chain as of on May 2nd.
- [Submission][RGP - 15] - Start the Drips Org: This proposal has PASSED with 4.97M $RAD in support of the proposal. See final results here. It was fully executed on-chain as of on May 2nd.
- We completed our first monthly proposal cycle - successfully passed all Org proposals in the process! The purpose of this cycle system is to make it easier for folks to keep track of and engage in governance. Do you have any feedback about the proposal cycles or how announcements were communicated? Please leave a comment below.
- We continue to support each of the Orgs in getting their Orgs established and entities set up as needed. If you want to learn more about each Org, we recommend watching the recording of the Q1 Community Call and the April Proposal Review.
- We are in the process of finalizing the DAO-wide docs pages to be added to the emerging DAO website. We are planning to include not only information about the governance process, but also insights into the DAO’s mission & purpose, an ecosystem overview, a brief history of RadicleDAO, and a voting & proposal creation FAQ. Is there anything else you would like to see included in these docs that you feel has been missing from documentation in the past?
- Working with the Marking Committee to coordinate DAO rebrand and new DAO-wide website. We believe this will make finding crucial community and governance resources a lot simpler for everyone, and will also help more clearly distinguish the DAO from the projects it funds (Radicle & Drips). The launch is planned for early June, so keep an eye out on Twitter and Discord for some big announcements in the coming weeks!
- We are in the process of establishing the Governance Committee within the Foundation Org. We will share more details on how to interact with or get involved in the Governance Committee in the coming weeks. For now, if you have any questions, please drop them in #general channel under Governance on Discord.
- I will be at Zuzalu in Montenegro May 15-19th and EDCON until the 23rd. Hit me up on Twitter if you will be around and would like to connect! Would love to meet some new folks and chat governance!
Thanks for reading!
Shelby & Abbey